Terrapure is committed to maintaining a two-way dialogue and building positive working relationships with the City of Hamilton and our neighbours in Stoney Creek as “host” community for our operations. This includes being an active, responsible member of the community.
“We live and work in Stoney Creek, so we believe it’s important to be an active member of the community and to invest in its health and well-being.” Lorenzo Alfano, District Manager at Terrapure
Heritage Green Community Trust
The Heritage Green Community Trust provides support in the form of grants to community, educational or charitable organizations of upper Stoney Creek.
Fully funded by Terrapure Environmental, the Heritage Green Community Trust distributes grants to qualifying recipients or organizations who clearly provide demonstrable benefits to residents in Stoney Creek who reside south of the Niagara Escarpment and within three kilometers of the perimeter of the Terrapure Environmental Stoney Creek Regional Facility.
Over the course of its history, the Trust, through funding by Terrapure, has paid out in excess of $8 million.
Highlights of the grants provided by the Heritage Green Community Trust, with funding from Terrapure include:
- $3M to Hamilton Conservation Foundation and Hamilton Conservation Authority to create the Eramosa Karst Conservation Area and East Mountain Trail Loop
- $50K to City of Hamilton’s Christmas Youth Swim & Skate Program at Valley Park Community Centre
- $42K to Billy Green School for physical education equipment and a computer lab upgrade
- $88K to Mount Albion Public School for programming
- $148K to Saltfleet District High School for sports/recreation, music and astronomy programs
- $48K to the Wraparound Stoney Creek program
For more information or to apply for a grant visit the Heritage Green Community Trust website.
City of Hamilton Royalty Program
Since 1996, the City of Hamilton royalty program has provided funding for local infrastructure, arts, recreation, sports and other cultural initiatives in the local community.
Over the course of its history, Terrapure has invested over $11 million in initiatives in the community. Initiatives that benefited from the royalty program in 2014 and 2015 include:
- Saturdays in the Creek
- Stoney Creek Santa Claus Parade
- Neighbour to Neighbour Food Bank
- Friends of the Eramosa Karst
- Stoney Creek Urban Design Plan
- Mobile Food Market
- Traffic Light improvements at Rymal Road and Second Road
- Heritage Green Baptist Church Food Bank, start up funding
- Local Soccer Teams, travel funding
In addition to Trust and royalty-related programs, Terrapure also directly supports a number of other causes and events in the Hamilton community every year. The award-winning Terrapure employee United Way campaign is our signature community investment initiative.
Shown to the left, Terrapure presenting Tim Horton's representatives with a corporate donation.
The gallery below showcases some of our contributions to the community including the Heritage Green Sports Park, the Terrapure Offleash Dog Park, Smith's Knoll on King Street in Stoney Creek.