Community Liaison Committee
To further extend its engagement with the community and ensure an open line of communication with its neighbours, the Terrapure Community Liaison Committee (CLC) was established to share information and answer questions about the site’s operations. The committee is comprised of citizen members from the local community surrounding the facility, representatives of Terrapure, the City of Hamilton and the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change.
The specific mandate of the CLC and the means through which it is to be fulfilled can be found in the official Terms of Reference for the CLC, as outlined in the facility's Environmental Compliance Approval. The committee meets on a quarterly basis to discuss operational and other issues related to the Stoney Creek Regional Facility.
CLC Committee Members
- Brad Hart, Community Representative
- Josie Bonaventura, Community Representative
- Kathy Lacasse, Community Representative
- Ilona Di Caro, Community Representative
- Sarah Solter, Alternate Community Representative
- Maria Pearson, Councillor, City of Hamilton, Ward 10
- Doug Conley, Councillor, City of Hamilton, Ward 9
- Lorenzo Alfano, District Manager, Terrapure
- Greg Jones, Managing Director, Communications & Public Affairs, Terrapure
- Paul Widmeyer, Acting District District Manager, Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
For more information on the Terrapure CLC, please visit www.terrapureclc.org. Upcoming meetings and minutes from past meetings will be made available there.